Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SoCal3G T-Shirt Design Contest!

MOCHI Performance & Design

Default SoCal3G T-Shirt Design Contest!

SoCal3g is have its first ever T-shirt Design Contest. It is open to all SoCal3g members. Contest was announced at the December Members meet in Oceanside this past weekend. The contest will end on January 15th. Voting will begin on January 16th and run till the 22nd @ Midnight. Only core members will be allowed to vote. So make sure you are up to date with your dues. If there are too many designs submitted and the votes appear to be widely spread, the admin reserves the right to narrow the field. These new shirts will be available for the February Members meet. There is no limit to the amount of designs that you can submit. Keep in mind the diversity of SoCal3g.

We will be using these shirts at all major club events; ie, MOD, Track Days. The idea behind new shirts is to bring uniformity to the club.

On the technical side, vector art is always better. Images need to be at least 200dpi, 250 preferred. Max width is 14 wide by 16 high. A good average is 12 x 13. Don't forget about the girls in the club, a huge graphic may not look good on a size small girls shirt. Please remember that your design will represent the club. Lets keep it tasteful and respectful.

Please post your design in this thread along with any info you feel will need to accompany it. Please don't post it at full size, keep it to 600 pixels wide for easy viewing. It will then be moved to the first post. Comments are welcome in this thread. However they will be VERY HEAVILY MONITORED.

I know there are several designers in the club. So we are expecting to see some killer designs. Good luck to all of you!

#1 Speedo

#2 Since 2001

#3 Logo Down

#4 Sick Logo

#5 Chassis

#6 Band

#7 Basic

#8 Gradient

#9 Menu

#10 Family Tree

#11 Thrill
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo Philips
    When I was little I used to pray for a bicycle. Then I realized god didnt work that way. So I stole the bicycle and prayed for forgiveness.
    I think for most girls everythings and entrance.

FUN LS1

Default Re: SoCal3G T-Shirt Design Contest!

Just a quick idea, uber simple
    Front

Back

PoLo

good luck to all...nice design J...

The Bookie

Nice design Jason. A couple of concerns I have with it though. The tachometer...I'm just not liking that part at all. The logo on the front looks good, but the tach just ruins the look.

As for the back...logo also looks great, but I'm just not sure about including an image of the front of a 3G in it considering so many members of this club don't even have 3G's anymore.
    Best club joke nominee:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    As I rolled the wheel into the tire shop a guy was like "Man, that looks like it came off a Corvette!" He was disappointed when I told him it came off some import trash

FUN LS1

just some thoughts, it's all a working document

bitches. aint. shit
    Blog Entries

YAY! I can post now finally, lol!

Nice design Jason. Adjust the tach ( i know it was a rough sketch) and that shirt FTW!
    "We have become part of something much more complicated then you will or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more then just cars...we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our imports low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never call victim to 'the norm.' Others laugh at us when we spend money, hours, days, weeks, months, and years working on our cars, but yet they shake our hands when we are done."

RIP: 01 GS | Hello: 03 GTS

a little something i cooked up.

front view

Kev!n

Jason i think the design of your shirt would look good if it was a button up colar shirt. with like a suede material.

Also i didnt think are cars could redline 8k rpm ?

FUN LS1

Suede shirt? Do they make those? I was thinking those jockey polo shirts with the little alligator, that material.

Kev!n

Quote Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
    Suede shirt? Do they make those? I was thinking those jockey polo shirts with the little alligator, that material.
    well i suggested that because it doesnt fade. with it being a black polo shirt. it will fade after a couple washes ?

FUN LS1

Always a possibility with any color, I'm still not sure what a suede shirt would be like, I need to find one.

I don't know, that looks like it'd be a bitch to wear on hot days during SOCAL summertime.

Kev!n

Quote Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
    Always a possibility with any color, I'm still not sure what a suede shirt would be like, I need to find one.

I don't know, that looks like it'd be a bitch to wear on hot days during SOCAL summertime.
    it doesnt have to be suede it could also be a nice dress shirt material. also.

i throwed suede in there because it sounded sexy.

something for the girls

PoLo

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_Kev View Post
    well i suggested that because it doesnt fade. with it being a black polo shirt. it will fade after a couple washes ?
    why u keep saying my shirt...lol

I like the polo idea. A lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Im Socal3G's Black Martha Stewart lulZ

PoLo

its not a bad idea...or maybe how some other clubs have the mechanic shirts...thats good too..

Quote Originally Posted by PoLo View Post
    its not a bad idea...or maybe how some other clubs have the mechanic shirts...thats good too..

Yeah, thats actually what I thought it was at first, but then I looked a little closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Im Socal3G's Black Martha Stewart lulZ

PoLo

i cant see pics here @ work...damn...and im supposed to be IT..ha ha...
    i wanna see 3gstyle's design but i gotta wait til i get off...

I should be CORE so I can change this title eclipser's Avatar

danm some nice desings
    mine will be up soon...

MOCHI Performance & Design

my only grip. I don't think you should change the club logo. if you do, have the correct one placed some where. The logo is the image that represents the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo Philips
    When I was little I used to pray for a bicycle. Then I realized god didnt work that way. So I stole the bicycle and prayed for forgiveness.
    I think for most girls everythings and entrance.

I should be CORE so I can change this title clipser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoLo View Post
    I like the idea of a machanic shirt. I would deff. put that on to represent the club. Heck, I put it on everyday!

The Bookie

Quote Originally Posted by 3gstyle View Post
    a little something i cooked up.

front view
    I think this design looks pretty good overall. I'm not sure what exactly those rings are all about. Are they only meant to add substance to the overall design?

Other than that, I'm not sure I like the "socal3g.com" part any more than the "new" logo design (I'm still partial to the old design myself), but the overall look of yours is off to a great start, IMO.
    Best club joke nominee:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty
    As I rolled the wheel into the tire shop a guy was like "Man, that looks like it came off a Corvette!" He was disappointed when I told him it came off some import trash

I should be CORE so I can change this title Ty's Avatar

Not a fan of either shirt posted so far... but I have no skills so props!

I think Jasons logo would look good on the back of a mechanic shirt. The one that's running down the side.

FUN LS1

We should have .com in the designs, especially since the .com page is getting it's upgrade.

The logo design should be flexible, I mean, think about the history of the club logo. It started out as the Hawaii 3G logo, I changed the wording to apply to SOCAL and even after that we still changed it again. It's a working document, not part of the 10 commandments.

FUN LS1

Suggestions implemented with removing the tach from my 3G, added the crossed flags that would go on the sleeves, and added "since 2001" on the back

Thread Information